‘Shipshape 10 List’, a list of news and articles published in the current week that a senior executive in shipping, shipping finance, commodities, energy, supply chain and infrastructure should had noticed; news and articles that are shaping the agenda and the course of the maritime industry.
Sometimes seemingly tangential, sometimes humorous, occasionally sarcastic, but always insightful and topical.
And, this week’s ‘Shipshape 10’:
1. Shipping crisis puts German banks under pressure (from Deutsche Welle)
2. Japan’s Orix looking for more European shipping debt after buying RBS loans (from Reuters)
3. Dawn of the living dead: zombie companies get a new lease on life (from the Economist)
4. China’s Cosco in Talks to Buy Orient Overseas (from the Wall Street Journal)
5. The Legacy of the MSC Napoli (from the Maritime Executive)
6. Italy’s Giuseppe Bottiglieri Seeks Protection From Creditors (from the Wall Street Journal)
7. U.S. Oil Producers Ramp Up Spending (from the Wall Street Journal)
8. Off Long Island, Wind Power Tests the Waters (from the New York Times)
9. Beijing Is No Champion of Globalization (from Foreign Affairs)
10. The ‘Belt and Road’ Initiative and the London Market – the Next Steps in Renminbi Internationalization (Chatham House)
© 2013 – present Basil M Karatzas & Karatzas Marine Advisors & Co. All Rights Reserved.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Access to this blog signifies the reader’s irrevocable acceptance of this disclaimer. No part of this blog can be reproduced by any means and under any circumstances, whatsoever, in whole or in part, without proper attribution or the consent of the copyright and trademark holders of this website.Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that information herewithin has been received from sources believed to be reliable and such information is believed to be accurate at the time of publishing, no warranties or assurances whatsoever are made in reference to accuracy or completeness of said information, and no liability whatsoever will be accepted for taking or failing to take any action upon any information contained in any part of this website. Thank you for the consideration.